Saturday, July 7, 2012

More Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon was interesting -- the hoodoos were absolutely stunning and though we didn't spend much time hiking through them (we only had one full day there, and we were ATVing during the comfortable part of the day), we got some pretty amazing photos of the unique geology there.  It felt like we were on a different planet there at times!!
Aren't they sort of surreal?


Notice the book in hand -- Ian and Emma would carry their books along on any walks they didn't want to go on, like they had more important things to do than look at every hoodoo in Bryce Canyon.  An innocent little rebellion, LOL. They also did it on a ranger led shuttle tour through Zion, which would have been embarrassing, but I was kind of wishing I had a book on that one too, haha..  

I, on the other hand, could drive around to each of the lookouts and take pictures of these all day!  :)

Just a little gratuitous cuteness and fun in souvenir land.  And yes, she DID get the cowboy hat. :)